Monday, July 23, 2018

Sunday 7/22/18







Booneville to Hazard

Even though the accommodations at Boonville were simple, I slept well. I had cloths still wet and days of notes to catch up. I saw the church inside lights come on. I went up to use the bathroom and use the microwave to cook for breakfast what was my planned supper.  With a bunge cord, I attached my wet cycling shoes to the out side coil of a window a/c unit. This allowed the warm air to blow over and dry my shoes. A breeze started so my wet cycling cloths were now starting to dry. I was making progress now. Getting caught up in rain really slows things down under these conditions. Things are so simple at home.

Near noon I finally got on the road but not feeling so well. I think the constant hills I was just not recovering from each days exertion. Then there was the near hypothermia of the evening before. Louis had told me he was getting a room at the Hampton inn in Hazard and would be happy to share. Close to the time to let Louis know my intention, I got poured on again coming up a long pull. No camping this night, I texted Loius and told him I would share the room.

The last 20 miles coming into Hazard I was glad for a shorter day and deluxe accommodations. It is good to be flexible but going back to simple accommodations may now prove a challange. I ate at an Asain buffet, went to Walmart looking for new brake pads(none there to fit my style brakes) and had a nice breakfast in the morning.

Days miles about 50. Mostly hilly and very bad conditions the last 5 miles on highway 15 due to road construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment