Sunday, July 1, 2018

Friday 6/29/18




Boone to Eads

Hoping to avoid wind and heat, we we're up at 5:45 and pedaling at 7:00.

The scenery was now much different with the mountains behind us and the plains ahead. Today we had light cloud cover which helped with the heat issue. Or else I was rapidly acclimating.

We visited with a few cyclist going the other  and shared tips on where to stay and eat. And just sharing our stories like my recent retirement and wanting to emulate Thomas Camero.

Near Crowley I was attacked by a large dog. Under the barb wire fence it came at high speed. It lunged and luckly grabbed the food bag. As the dog was starting y pull the whole bike over, the pouch pulled free of the bungee cord grip. Feeling I had been intimidated fully, the mutt pranced home. My only damage luckly was two fang holes in my food sachel and a crushed orange.

Our day ended at Eads. The high afternoon winds returned about 4PM. We could see Eads for two hours as we crept towards it.
The wind gradually picked up as we got closer making this even more frustrating! We missed shopping at the regular grocery which closed at 5:30. Luckly there was a roadside vendor. With my other purchases he even thru in an overripe pineapple for our desert! So what could have been a skimpy supper turned out fairly well.

Days miles about 95.

No comments:

Post a Comment