Sunday, July 8, 2018

Saturday 7/7/18



Toledo to Walnut

I slept great at the State Park. It was only myself and the rat who visited while eating my supper. Being s primitive campground there were no lights to wreck the stargazing.

The ride to Chanute was good roads and great scenery.  Had to believe such quiet cycling roads exist. In Missouri it is the lettered highways that are ike these. And like these rodes the services are minimal. It takes people to have the need for services and there are few people.

The big plan for today was to meet Michelle Negron Bueno for lunch. I expressed great interest in an Asian buffet. The restaurant chosen I got there but was closed for family vacation. Nishanth found another Asian restaurant but did not set out the buffet till supper. Eating a buffet will stay a food fantasy for now and we decided ordering off the menu would work.

We had a very good visit and enjoyed the fellowship of the meal. Nishanth learned a lot about Enlace and how thieir program works. After eating we went out to the bikes and Michelle's car. She had cupcakes for me to celebrate my birthday. She also had a very unique gift which was a pineapple. No TransAm racer would be packing pineapple but would crave one. But there hanging off the back of my bike, double bagged, was a pineapple! I have to give Michelle credit, I do love pineapple but riding a bicycle and not driving  mom’s minivan.

Saying our goodbyes we started cycling for Girard. About 10 miles short of Girard is the Immanuel Lutheran Church. I had seen it listed in the ACA info as allowing cyclist to use the facilities. A quick look and I decided no city park tonight. I flagged down Nishanth and we got settled in for the night. As nice as the church fellowship hall is it was more amazing to be the only ones there.  A very well kept TransAm secret!

Days miles about 70 .



No comments:

Post a Comment