Monday, July 2, 2018

Sunday 7/1/18







Tribune to Dighton

After the stormy night we slept in till 0700. This made for a late start of about 1000 getting on the road. The storm and the last 3 days of fighting wind, I think Nishanth and I were a bit tuckered out.

Today was much improved for wind with just bring a slight headwind. After the last few days we thought it hardly perceptible. We were finally making good time.

At Scott City we stopped at a Casey's convenience store. I felt like I was on home turf! After a good lunch from my feed pouch and coffee, I splurged with a bowl of soft serve ice cream.

After a grocery store stop we pedaled off for Dighton. It was a beautiful evening to cycle with the deepening evening colors.

We got to the city park about 8:30 and had our meal brought from Scott City. We are learning to anticipate small town stores closing early which the Dighton grocery closed at 6PM on Sunday.  Better hauling a full feed pouch than an empty stomach after a day of cycling.

Days total about 80 much better miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment