Saturday, June 2, 2018

Wednesday 5/30/18


Wednesday was getting the bike reassembled. This was a bit of a challenge without a work stand. But there are no workstands when doing repairs next to the road. It does take a degree of confidence to venture cross country thru very remote areas on a bicycle. So it does help to have disassembled and reassembled the bike. It took me about 4 hours finish.

Later I was going down the hallway and saw bike stuff strewn about a room. Thinking they must be with the ride, I introduced myself. Two were from the Netherlands and the third was Thomas Camero. It was an article about Thomas in the Adventure Cycling magazine that planted the idea to participate in the TransAm race when I retired. I could hardly imagine I was meeting him.

That evening we all went out for supper. Will an enjoyable meal talking about the RaceTransAm and their past rides in it.

Back at the hotel they helped me set up GPS mapping on my smartphone. This is a small group of ultra endurance athletes with great comrodery.

What a confidence building day. Reassemble the bike myself and then have experienced TransAm racers help me set up GPS mapping.

A fine day of enjoying bicycling and none on the bike.



No comments:

Post a Comment