Monday, June 18, 2018

Sunday 6/17/18







Wisdom to Dillon

The shelter at Wisdom kept us dry as it rained off and on during the night. That morning while waiting out the rain I arranged a Warmshowers host at Dillon.

We finally got riding about 11AM as the rain quit. Luckly we had just occasional drips thru the day. It probably never got above 50 degrees and low heavy clouds all day.

The valley we were riding out of is called Big Hole. It is supposed to look about the same as when the Lewis and Clark Expedition saw it. Probably just a lot more cattle now.

We had two passes to cross. The first about 1000 feet of climbing and the second about 800. The second ended up being a battle with wind. At times I thought about walking as that was all I was doing pedaling.

As I crested the summit the most amazing site greeted me. With the low clouds and colors, the land and sky appeared to meald together like some classic painting of the creation. I would have taken a picture but my fingers were again nearly frozen.

Nishanth and I made it to Dillon just as more rain started. Larry met us with his truck and gave us a lift to his home. The final couple miles of dirt rode was very muddy due to the rain.

We had a good meal of spaghetti and enjoyed the company of other cyclist staying. Edwin who flagged me in to the shelter at Wisdom was one. I was glad we would both be warm tonight.

Days miles about 65.

No comments:

Post a Comment