Monday, June 25, 2018

Friday 6/22/18








Dubois to Jeffrey City

Was a perfect day for bicycling if heading East. A strong westerly wind pushed me all the way to Lander. Just before  Fort Washakie I met an Italian cyclist. He asked where I was planning to spend the night. When I told him Jeffery City, he started telling me his good experience at the church there. The Baptist Church is a Warmshowers host and is a ministry they do.

At Fort Washakie a powow was getting underway. I stopped at a native American food truck and got the biggest thing they offered, the big chief. It was the Native American version of a taco. Two huge fry breads with everything between like a sloppy joe.

At Lander I made a grocery stop and the Version store to get the Ride with GPS working again. Dang tech stuff!! The young man had never seen this app before yet got it going quickly. Amazing!!

I headed out for Jeffery City and made it just at dark. The ride was amazingly beautiful with huge vistas and red rock formations.

I got to Jeffery City and the church just at dark. It was getting cold and I was elated to see it. As I approached on the bumpy gravel road a bolt broke on the rear rack. I supported the rack by hand the final hundred feet. Sometime I will deal with on the morning. Now I needed to eat some of my grocery supplies.

After wolfing down a cold meal of wraps, it was a much needed shower and bedtime.
Sleeping in the sanctuary it would not be a stretch to say my rest was heavenly!

Total days miles about 115 with a 1000 foot climb coming into Jeffery City.

No comments:

Post a Comment