Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Monday 6/25/18

Walden to Kremmling

Got up to a chilly 35 degrees. We were camped in an open gazebo building in the city park. I like to just roll out my bedroll when possible. Avoids taking down a damp tent in the morning. I slept warm with my 40 degree rated bag and fleecy blanket liner my Mom made me.

After eating our breakfast sitting next to the gas station, our source of coffee, we got rolling on beautiful Colorado back highways. But the wind finally decided to not cooperate and was against our making forward progress. It was still a great day of cycling thru incredible scenery.

While eating a late lunch at Sulfur Springs, we decided that the town of Kremmling would be a doable goal and give up on making Silverthorne.

My Adventure Cycling info showed the historic Easton Hotel having a hostel. I called and they had room for us at $25/person. So we would have warm soft beds and a hot shower tonight. But first another 17 miles of a significant headwind.

The hostel did not disappoint and was very comfortable and had outstanding character being an old downtown hotel. They had garage space out back for the bicycles. If ever in Kremmling again, I would stay here again. Very friendly proprietors!

After cleaning up the bike chain, I showered, did a load of sink laundry, caught up the previous day's notes and then got in my comfortable bed.

Days miles about 75 with about 1200 feet climbing and significant headwind. Over all great cycling day with warmer afternoon temperatures and clear Colorado skies.





No comments:

Post a Comment