Thursday, June 7, 2018

Tuesday 6/5/18






Vida to Sisters

A challenging day. It started out begilingly easy with a gradual accent  in the McKenzie River valley. The road did seem mostly flat but the river was rapidly flowing the other way. Passing by two covered bridges helped set the ambiance. Now the forest was mostly lodgepole pine.

I took the alternative route over the Santiam Pass. This was the first pass of the race. Good training for the Rockies. I thought it was tough but probably best to get the legs prepared for the bigger mountains ahead.

At Sisters I met my Eagle Scout Jason Quade. I enjoy the meal and visit at the Subway. Jason was impressed I was getting the miles in after he picked up the bike and felt the weight.

That night we slept in the city park. After getting settled in the sprinklers came on. Now we know to be more careful camping where the grass is very green. Past the mountains it is mostly brown except where watered. Not a good sleeping night.
Days miles about 85.

No comments:

Post a Comment