Saturday, June 2, 2018

Thursday 5/31/2018


The numbers above jump out to most serious cyclist. Reynolds 531 steel tubing has been used to build more winning bicycles in the Tour de France than any other frame material.

For me, I took the bike out for a 30 mile test ride. My workmanship proved adequate and my legs loosened up.

I did have problems getting the GPS mapping to work on the phone. Getting back I got more help from other riders. This go round a software engineer from Australia assisted. Tomorrow I will take another test ride to check. I will loose my experts quickly once the race starts.

We had a safety pre-inspection this early evening. My bike passed and there was more mingling time with the other riders. Ended up sharing supper with a riders from England and India. Amazing the draw of this event!

Tomorrow afternoon is the final racers meeting and then Saturday the 0600 mass start.

It will be a lot of things a 4300 mile ride, different for each rider. I think focus on short term goals, the sum is a bit much to contemplate.

No comments:

Post a Comment