Saturday, June 2, 2018

Tuesday 5/29/18 Travel Day


Tuesday 5/29/18 Travel Day

Today was my travel day to Astoria, Oregon. Everything smooth so far. Modern travel is amazing. Minor annoyances have to be embellished too create a sense of suffering. I did sit between one man with a bad cold and another who took the window seat but kept the shutter down while watching his device the WHOLE flight. A beautiful country we flew over but ignored for what was on the device. Oh well, I will see it all from my bicycle saddle.

At Portland airport I did amazingly well figuring the light rail connection to get to the Amtrak. The young man assisting travelers even gave a restaurant tip that proved good.

The final leg of the trip on the Point bus was fun talking to a local and another racer. The driver was chatty also and I learned several things about the area.

Made it to the hotel about 9:30. After a hot shower was in bed about 10:30.

Overall day, even though long, went smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment